[TenTec] Beauty of Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Beauty of Orion
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Thu Apr 10 23:05:29 2003
Mike,

Yes, there are things that I would like to see added:

1) syncronous AM reception
2) ability to disable the AGC response during frequency scanning
3) sharper / narrower filters

You are right, within the features that the Pegasus does have there are very
few 'bugs'.

I realize that TT has very little incentive to upgrade the firmware for the
Pegasus. I doubt there's much they could do that would increase sales, so
the logic is why spend much time on it.  I'm not faulting them for that. I
would like to see new features as it might save me from buying a new radio,
but I still feel that I've gotten my money's worth for the what is there.
The point I was making with the post was some of the euphoria with the new
Orion seems to be that TT will always be making new upgrades available and
the radio will never go 'out of date'. As we have seen with the Pegasus,
this isn't quite true.

Mark