[TenTec] Gone Retro

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Gone Retro
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Thu Apr 17 19:36:22 2003
In re recent postings about the virtues of dual receivers, I have gone
retro. Not being much of a multi-tasker, I find it much easier to work DX
pileups with the "REVERSE" button on my (new/used) OMNI VI and the "TF-SET"
on my TS-570D(G) while working "split." These permit me to choose
instantaneously between one side of a conversation or the other, but not
both at the same time.

Dual receivers are wonderful, but they convey way more information than my
little grey cells can handle. By the way, the OMNI VI (Option 3) I have
just taken possession of has the best receiver I've yet heard.

73,
John, W3ULS