[TenTec] Pegasus: No Output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus: No Output
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Tue Apr 22 00:17:06 2003
Jeff,

This is interesting. I have some questions that might help diagnose things.

1) Does the receiver work? Can you tune to a known frequency and hear what
you expect to hear (i.e. WWV at 10 or 15 MHz)? Does the SMeter move during
receive? Problems here might indicate a problem with the serial
communications between the Pegasus and the computer.

2) Does the ALC LED come on in TUNE mode?

3) Are you attempting to transmit outside of the ham bands?

4) What control software are you using? What operating system and how fast
is the computer?

5) Have you tried turning the keying loop on then back off and turning the
TX off and back on?

73,
Mark