[TenTec] DSP reports--suggestion/request

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] DSP reports--suggestion/request
From: geraldj@isunet.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Tue Apr 29 15:53:58 2003
I use my Timewave 599+ with my Corsair II. Its an enhancement even on
SSB sometimes. As for AGC, its AGC will overcome AGC pumping in the
radio at the cost of bringing up the background noise between syllables.
The combination of DSP AGC and noise suppression can give barely
detectable signals a comfortable signal to noise ratio, at the cost of
considerably odd sounding background noise and some damage to the
signal. Its far easier to listen to than to copy that CW 20 db BELOW the
noise level or SSB even with the noise level.

73, Jerry, K0CQ

--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer.
Reproduction by permission only.