[TenTec] Orion T?R Question, prt 2

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion T?R Question, prt 2
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue Apr 29 20:01:20 2003
Left out a point:

The T/R relays in a non-QSK amp typically require some
12 or so milliseconds to switch and settle from any contact
"bouncing";  so RF must be held back from the Orion over
to the linear at least that long,  or at least twice a typical
dit leading edge rise time.  The QSK-5,  when it was operating
correctly,  would hold those linear T/R relays closed;  all the
switching between CW elements was done via PIN diodes
in the -5 device.

In the Orion,  how much time is held "back" before RF even
starts the climb up the leading edge of a dit???

I once had this number for the Omni VI+,  but cannot seem
to recall it, nor find from where I learned it.....must have been
from someone on this reflector,  hi.

73,  Jim  KH7M