[TenTec] Hello Orion Users

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hello Orion Users
From: no7up@yahoo.com (Charlie Chisholm)
Date: Tue May 6 15:00:07 2003
OK, here's a question.
Let's say you have a 10kHz signal of a certain
amplitude within an electrical circuit.
I assume it is traveling at the speed of light minus
the velocity factor in copper.
Take that signal and connect it to a giant antenna.
It will radiate RF, not sound, right?
Take the identical signal and send it to a speaker.
It will radiate sound, not RF, right?
It's the same signal within the electrical circuit. Is
it possible when engineers are talking about radio
FREQUENCY or audio FREQUENCY, they are just talking
about a certain FREQUENCY, not whether it is sound or
RF?  Can't the same signal be either sound OR RF?
Maybe they call the lower frequencies AF because they
are low enough to be CONSIDERED audio - because that
is the way they have traditionally been used. I think
possibly the new DSP situation renders the old
nomenclature of RF vs. AF obsolete.