[TenTec] Other Orion Questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Other Orion Questions
From: chas.shaw@verizon.net (Charles W. Shaw)
Date: Fri May 9 18:23:55 2003
Hi to All,

        After reading the online Orion manual I have some remaining questions.
considered asking Ten-Tec on the telephone, but though that others on this
list might also be interested.  So, fortunate present Orion owners:

1)   Does the 13.8 Volt power on pin 13 of the two Band Data Connectors
alternate between the two connectors depending upon whether ANT 1 or ANT 2
is active?  Or is power on at both continuously?

2)   Am I correct in assuming that on the Band Data Connectors, the band
pins act as the return to ground for an external relay used for
switching?  Therefore I could connect (for instance) a relay return to the
three pins for 10, 15, AND 20 meters at the same time and the Orion would
operate the relay to activate my tri-band antenna any time that connector
was active on any of those three bands?

3)   I would be interested in suggested stereo headphones.  I don't need
noise cancelling or even muffs to exclude noise.  All I want is good sounds
and comfort for long periods.

Thanks.

Charles - N5UL