[TenTec] Orion Question (CW Tuneup)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Question (CW Tuneup)
From: nq5t@attbi.com (Grant Youngman)
Date: Tue May 13 19:03:45 2003
You may simply want to read the manual section on the TUNE
button.

Press TUNE and you will get carrier, reduced to about 20% of full
output.  If you then (or first) press PWR, TUNE will give you the
constant variable carrier (min to max output) you need for tuning up
an amp using the MULTI control.  You need to have PWR selected
to the MULTI control to give you variable output to adjust drive to
your amp anyway.

I normally use a footswitch connected to the aux PTT input.  Also
works just fine to give you a steady carrier.  But you still have to
have the MULTI control set to vary output power.

It's really pretty easy, and not so terribly inconvenient.

Grant/NQ5T