[TenTec] New and Coming 60 meter channels

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New and Coming 60 meter channels
From: w8au@sssnet.com (w8au@sssnet.com)
Date: Thu May 15 00:31:17 2003
At 11:31 PM 05/14/2003, Mike N4NT wrote:
>If I were the FCC and wanted to destroy ham radio, I'd give us more and more
>bands.  By spreading us out, we are less likely to find others to talk with
>and more likely to become discouraged so that we operate less and less.
>That spiral will go down until all the bands sound dead.

My gripe is....  what's wrong with CW on those small limited slots?
If it's emphasis is "emergency comms" when 80/40 are not effective,
why is CW left out?
How many CW signals could we comfortably (or uncomfortably) get into
one 2.8 kHz slot as opposed to ONE SSB signal?  Five? (one every 500 Hz?)

What a waste of effort here.....is anyone really THINKING?

Fone ops won't agree.... and, of course, they don't have the CW traffic
handling experience to credibly disagree....!

Perry     w8au