[TenTec] 60M mobile, crystals...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 60M mobile, crystals...
From: kw0d@netexpress.net (Dave Kamp, KW0D)
Date: Fri May 16 21:55:16 2003
Hi Bob!

--you wrote:
>Can we operate portable? If one of the purposes of the new allocation is
>emergency comms, there ought to be some flexibility as to location. I
>wonder if contests of Field Day will be allowed. With only 5 channels
>maybe all we could do would be to establish 4 regional disaster nets
>plus one calling frequency.

Based on what is presented as modification to Part 97, I see NOTHING which
restricts us (hams) from using 60m in stationary, mobile, portable, or
aeronautical... just like the crystal thing... there's no requirement
there.  Just keep the signal as USB voice, within the specified limits and
ERP.

DK  :-)
73's from KW0D Dave in LeClaire, Iowa