[TenTec] Rohde& Schwarz and the IC-7800

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rohde& Schwarz and the IC-7800
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat May 17 19:17:47 2003
Dr. Jerry  wrote:

> IP3 should go up 30 dB with 10 dB input attenuation.
> Its third order intercept.

Oops,  my error.  Oh well,  I am really pooped from all
the activity here getting my Orion nearly on the air!
Doing lots of listening,  button pushing,  and knob
twirling.  Seems as soon as I learn something,  then
move on to the next,  I forgot what I had gone over
20 minutes earlier,  hi.  Oh well,  a fun new rig.

My first job,  and longest,  was to do a tiny mod to the rig.
We (my wife with the steady hands and eyes did the
soldering) installed a small coax line within the bowls
of the Orion to bring the Subrcvr antenna input down
to the spare socket on the back panel.  This works
fine now and is required to use the RX-340 as the
subrcvr and for general coverage;  all to be done
using Carl,  N4PY, Orion/RX-340 control software.

You must really want to make a connection to that
spare socket to accomplish same;  it is a real bear
to reach with wire,  soldering iron, and light,  hi.

Thanks again for the error correction,  Jerry.

73,  Jim  KH7M