[TenTec] Quietness/Apparent Sensitivity

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Quietness/Apparent Sensitivity
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Mon May 19 21:34:59 2003

> I'm new to this discussion but...I wonder, isn't the 1000D
> have about the same noise specs as those you mention?

Don't know about the 1000D, but the Icom 756Pro2,  per
the ARRL lab tests at 4 kHz spacing is about -130 dB/Hz.

The Orion,  per the Ten Tec curve previously mentioned,
show something a bit better than -140 dB/Hz at 4 kHz offset.

The ARRL unfortunately did not measure the phase noise of
the 1000D in their report in the March 1991 issue of QST,  nor
was there ever an "expanded" test report done on the 1000;
at least I couldn't find one.  They show the transmitter composite
output noise only,  and it is way above -140 dB.

73,  Jim  KH7M