[TenTec] Omni VI/3 rf feedback/Ground loops

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI/3 rf feedback/Ground loops
From: w7kxb@cox.net (KXBill)
Date: Tue May 20 14:15:51 2003
You hit the problem dead center Rob.
     I have never had a problem with the older TT equipment, up to
Corsair II.  But when the ArgonautV, and then the Jupiter arrived, new
ball game!  Changed from a vertical to a CFD.  That helped, but at
higher power levels, 50w+, it hit the fan again.  Attached a 1/4 wave
counterpoise and noted an improvement, however,  some distortion remains
at QRO.
     Seems the new generation rigs are not a tolerant of any amount of
RF "looping" around on the ground leads.
Did you read this Ten-Tec!  Use bold print in the grounding section of
the manual.  I bet you will save time answering  phone calls from us
Rabbles who are upgrading to the new generation.

Cheers and have phun
Bill/w7kxb