[TenTec] Re: in ref Ten-Tec Orion - Initial Impressions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: in ref Ten-Tec Orion - Initial Impressions
From: fischerg@naswi.navy.mil (Fischer, Gregory (NASWI))
Date: Wed May 21 20:29:22 2003
Thanks for that find Earl.  I am looking forward to getting home to see if
that too is my problem.  I have the Aux input from the din connector at 97,
necessary with the Donner computer interface.  I will try changing it to
zero and see if the pitch is still there.  It sure is annoying to say the
least.  The monitor is about a foot from the rig and I did not think it
would be coming from that.  If so, time to try more ferrite beads on them.

How is your audio in the phones while listening to your CW transmit signal?
I cannot figure out why, but mine just sounds like mud.  I have tried 3
different headphones so far with the same result.

Here is something I found while working split with the sub rx yesterday.  I
set up for Main in left ear and sub in right ear. Sub on vfo B, main on A.
When I turned off the sub rx, I still heard rx noise in the right ear.  Even
with ANT 1 on RX/TX and just VFO A for TX and RX, I still heard radio noise
in the right ear.  I would have thought that once turned off, the right
earpiece would have been muted.  I have to play with this more this evening
to make sure I am saying this correctly as I am at work right now.

Thanks again,
Greg
AB7R