[TenTec] Eccentric display?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Eccentric display?
From: W1GOR@Maine.RR.Com (W1GOR)
Date: Thu May 22 17:09:31 2003
Bill,

In 1964, I ordered a Pontiac Tempest with the GTO package (this was one year
befoe the GTO became a separate car).  The order went to their Tarrytown,
New York assembly plant.  As I recall, my order was among the last to be
accepted before Pontiac ended production of their 1964 models.  They usually
shut the plant during the re-tooling phase of bringing the next model year
(1965) on-line for production.  When I picked up my 'Goat' at the Pontiac
dealer, I looked it over before signing the final papers...  The interior
trim screws (philips) were ALL aligned exactly alike...  The windshield
trim, door trim, rear window trim, and every trim screw I could find... It
looked to me that the work force had very little to do except assemble the
last few 1964 Pontiacs before being furloughed during the re-tooling
process.

If I wasn't for the fact that my 'goat', with three carbs, Tiger-Paw tires,
and 'storm-drain sized' dual exhausts, and four-on-the-floor, could pass
ANYTHING except a gas station... I'd probably still own the silly car... My
Shell credit card bill was higher than my monthly payment to GMAC... But
don't forget, all of the trim screws were perfectly aligned... (must make it
go faster...)

73, Larry - W1GOR