[TenTec] PS Damage Control

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PS Damage Control
From: tomnorth@airmail.net (Tom North)
Date: Thu May 22 22:29:35 2003
Don't recall that this has been mentioned, BUT -
*If* the 252 is similar to the 255 & 280, there is a second fuse, IN the
cabinet on the pass transistor board at the back of the cabinet. I have 2 -
280's, and was running a ground to another piece of gear a while back, and
the lead slipped from my hand. One of them was on, the lead brushed one of
the transistor bodies similar to your situation, with a similar pop and then
a dead PS. In pulling the case and checking that fuse, the problem was found
and rectified. Might this have been overlooked?
Hope this helps -
Tom  N5OZQ