[TenTec] Orion LO phase question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion LO phase question
From: 74010.2230@compuserve.com (Darrel Emerson)
Date: Mon May 26 21:38:21 2003
If you have the Orion main receiver and sub receiver both on USB at exactly
the same frequency setting, then, for a given choice of filters in each, is
there
a constant phase offset in the AF output of the 2 receivers?
    I have a project to compare the phase difference in signals received
simultaneously in 2 different antennas, and wonder if the Orion could
be used for this, by comparing the phase of the 2 AF outputs.
   This question mostly relates to how the different LO signals are
generated for each receiver; are they all generated in a way that keeps
them phase coherent between the main and sub receiver?

    As I don't have an Orion this question is mostly academic, although
I'm trying to build up the justification for investing in one!

                                  73
                                      Darrel Emerson, aa7fv.