[TenTec] Fw: The New Icom 7800

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: The New Icom 7800
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 28 23:00:28 2003
$7,995  translates to roughly 940,000 yen at 117 to the buck, and the new
Icom will probably list for 950,000 to 1 Million Yen in Tokyo. And be at about
the same elevated price point in dollars over here.

The exchange rate has gone from 138 to the buck down to 117 and nobody really
knows how much further the dollar will fall.  Some traders I deal with tell
me 90 or even less isn't entirely out of the question, it just depends on the
market, our Treasury Department,  and the Bank of Japan.

But assuming a discounted price of 800,000 Yen - at 140/1 that's $5,800.  At
130/1 that's $6,150. At 120/1, that's $6,700.  At 110/1, that's $7,300. At
100/1 a cool eight grand. And at 90 yen to the buck it would take  $8,900
George
Washingtons to equal that many yen.

So how much a 7800 costs at HRO and AES depends on the exchange rate at the
time of introduction, and will fluctuate with the exchange rate and market
conditions. Lower when sales are slow, higher when the yen goes up (down on the
exchange rate) or when demand picks up.  Until someone is ready to fill your
order the street price is pure speculation.

73 Pete Allen  AC5E