[TenTec] Future TT projects

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Future TT projects
From: wa2pvk@msn.com (WILLIAM MANSEY)
Date: Mon Jun 2 13:27:52 2003
When "PCs" first appeared they were not all that useful.  To do anything
required programming and that is why the idea of "home computers" seemed
rather far fetched.  This would be as if Ten-Tec tried selling the Orion as
a hardware only product.  If you wanted to use it for a particular band
and/or mode you would have to program it for THAT purpose.  I do not think I
would like the prospect of having to write thousands of lines of programming
code BEFORE using my Orion!!  Until "operating systems" were built in to
computers there was little market - or use - for them.  What people like
Steve Jobs and Bill Gates did revolutionized the PC market.  Even THEY were
faced with skepticism and ridicule.  That sure did not last very long.  We
have come a long way from the days of Commodore and Atari computers.  WOW!
64K or even an impressive 128K of RAM!!!  Holy Cow!!!!  73, Bill
wa2pvk@msn.com Please visit my home page: http://mysite.verizon.net/wa2pvk