[TenTec] great RX320 review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] great RX320 review
From: wlfuqu00@uky.edu (Bill Fuqua)
Date: Tue Jun 10 16:26:52 2003
Sound cards today will provide a dynamic range of over 120 db anyway.
Looking at the schematic, there are 2 PIN diodes for gain control. One just
after the Input lowpass filter and one on the output of the first IF
(45MHz) they are controlled by a DC amplifier that gets its input from a
diode detector following the  455KHz transformer just before the Mixer that
converts down to DSP IF. So this AGC is just to prevent overload due to
frequencies near the one being received.

73
Bill wa4lav