Fw: [TenTec] Programming bugs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TenTec] Programming bugs
From: mark.rauchfuss@worldnet.att.net (Mark Rauchfuss)
Date: Fri Jun 13 15:46:46 2003
Nick,

FYI many of the modern communications equipment types being produced from
now will largely be firmware defined systems with the interfaces, functions
and GUI offering various forms of composability and continuous upgradbility.

However, it is interesting to note that the feature of upgradability is now
abused as it REQUIRED to overcome sloppy definitions and code. The beta
users are an integral element of the debugging mechanism employed by
producers. Good thing that tyhese cats don't live in a safety-criticsl
application area, such as class-1 automotive controls or aerospace controls
or fault-tolerant communication architectures, they would be in deep
choclate in a matter of weeks.

I'll call you on the tool-chain later this weekend.

Mark