[TenTec] TCXO

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TCXO
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jun 15 21:16:02 2003
W6JFR's comments about drift remind me of some CW only rigs I had that would
"drift" a KC, kHz, or so with every dah. Made a lot of contacts on the old
"chirp box" and nobody said much about it. In fact, a 599C report was pretty
rare
since almost everyone's rig had at least some chirp. I

The chirp or the lack thereof made picking the signal you wanted out of the 6
to 10 kHz bandwidth of the S38  ($49.95 picked up at WRL - with a wave from
Leo, when a pretty fair used car was $75.00)  fairly easy.

I also remember participating in the ARRL's frequency measuring 'test in the
early 50's - when the winner was within 7 cycles of perfect and most of the
pack were within 50 cycles.

So I'm not very worried about my Orion's very small shift in WWV between
sidebands.  It's better than good enough to keep me in band and that's mostly
all
I worry about.

73  Pete Allen AC5E