[TenTec] Orion TCXO Warm Up Drift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion TCXO Warm Up Drift
From: nq5t@attbi.com (nq5t@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 01:32:31 2003
Sounds like a rigourous comparison ..

Digging signals out of mud (wchich I take to mean attempting to get
intelligence from a signal that is at .. and maybe a good bit of the time
below .. the ambient band noise level) isn't necessarily a good comparison.
Haven't seen the ability to "work miracles" (expressed in dbm) in anyone's
radio stats :-)

A $20K+ R&S might also do no better at mud level than a K2, MP, or Orion, or
MegaBuX-8000.  Of course, there are different kinds of "mud" ....