[TenTec] A/B Testing Flame Wars

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] A/B Testing Flame Wars
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed Jun 25 07:38:15 2003
I've been sitting here reading this back-and-forth, even though I've never
owned a Ten-Tec radio. Seems like the discussion is getting into
diminishing returns now.  One thing fascinates me, though.

Earl reported sending his Orion back to Ten-Tec and getting it repaired,
and six hardware upgrades performed without his asking for them, all within
the 30 day return period.  He also reported that he's been in communication
with Ten-Tec, who are actively working to determine whether his radio was
for some reason below the standard specification.  In the meantime, there
have been many other indications that Ten-Tec is following this discussion
and is vitally interested.

Well, they should be, but when was the last time you can recall such an
active dialogue taking place with one of the Big Three Japanese transceiver
manufacturers?  Elsewhere we read that they are all preoccupied with the
non-amateur market in Japan.  Well and good, but even the people in their
US subsidiaries who depend on the amateur market for their livelihood don't
seem to be actively involved with their user base the way Ten-Tec
is.  Perhaps they are as frustrated as we are by the seeming inability to
communicate with the home office.

So bravo Ten-Tec -- keep listening.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 17 June 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm