[TenTec] Re: [Ten-Tec516] Argonaut V 1.07 Upgrade Problem ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: [Ten-Tec516] Argonaut V 1.07 Upgrade Problem ?
From: tranda@cox.net (Tim Randa)
Date: Thu Jun 26 22:37:32 2003
Thanks for the kind and thoughtful words Mike...unfortunately the hate email
has already started. I had a TS-2k which I admit isn't the best radio to
have...but all worked as described when released with only one software
update since which really affected few since it came out so many years ago.
Updating a radio via software is a great concept but it needs to work well
in the first place to justify the price tag. This updating 10 times a month
(Orion) is BS to all but the TT can do no wrong groupie. I love TT products
in general..and have owned many of their products for years. Their service
is top notch, but since their release of the software defined radios..the
products have left much to be desired (until the next release??). Check out
the history of all the releases. Radio update priorities change with TT ...
the dates speak for them selves. Maybe they have a few too many irons in the
fire for their own good.

Just another thought.
de Tim  K?FL