[TenTec] Really bad noise with Peg on PTT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Really bad noise with Peg on PTT
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Sun Jun 29 21:46:20 2003
You should normally have "monitor" turned off when you transmit.  It can
cause feedback if the noise is loud enough to get back to the mic.  Also,
when you speak on SSB, the ALC light should flicker on almost every syllable
but never stay on solid as you speak.  I can always tell by the amount of
flickering on the alc light if I have my mic gain set properly.

You certainly could be getting RF into the radio.  How does it work on CW?

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC