[TenTec] Argo V/Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argo V/Jupiter
From: w8keb@1st.net (Ken & Linda Burrough)
Date: Wed Jul 9 22:44:46 2003
Hi All

I also have the Jupiter and Argonaut V.  They are very close however I like
the Argonaut V better.  The Argo 5 does not have an RF Gain Control but I do
not miss it.  The Argonaut V has an 200 Hz filter and the Jupiter only goes
down to 300 Hz.  The control program in the Argo 5 is newer and works very
much like the Orion, at least that is what I feel after reading all the
reports on the Orion here on the reflector.

The one big menu on the Jupiter is hard for me to read and at times hard to
find what I am looking for but with the Argonaut V each item I want to
change is only two key storks away, for  example, if I want to change the
VOX Hang time all I have to do it hit the function button and then VOX.

Both are good and fun to operate, the fun of QRP CW on or around 14.060 has
to be one of the greatest things I have ever done in the last 23 years in
the hobby and I have operated QRP at least 18 years of that time.

Back to The Buzzard Roost.

Ken/w8keb
Flushing, Ohio