[TenTec] Balanced Tuners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Balanced Tuners
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Thu Jul 10 23:50:15 2003
This arrangement for a tuner that Ken speaks of is one of if not the finest
performing tuner I've ever seen or used.

I  know there's a lot of folks that do not agree with Rich on may topics but
he's forgotten more about amps and tuners than most folks well ever need to
know.

Spend the bucks, build one and you won't regret it.  I have one I built to
run on 160 M and 75 M AM, legal limit.  Even with the AM rig running full
tilt boogie at 125% positive modulation, no arcs, no sparks when feeding a
full wave 160 M loop on 75 M.  The #14 feedline does get warm however
because it will melt the frost off in the current spots during winter.   SWR
doesn't change either.

73
Bob, K4TAX