[TenTec] balanced feedline light bulb test

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] balanced feedline light bulb test
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Tue Jul 15 19:17:14 2003
Okay; thanks Al and everyone--I think I have it figured out.  I dismissed
the tap off the wire technique because I thought the bulb filament R would
be so high, nothing would go through it if the feedline wire were left
intact.  I see now that the trick is to use tiny bulbs with lower filament
resistance.  My feed wire is insulated.  There was a time when you could get
bare wire feedline with ceramic spacers but I have not seen that for a long
time.  I was told it isn't made anymore because of liability risks
(naturally).  Unless I'm mistaken, if you want bare wire feedline now you
have to make it yourself.  Be sure to get it high enough to keep some yahoo
from grabbing hold of it and suing you.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ
Middle-aged Crank