[TenTec] OMNI VI + CW filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI + CW filters
From: k4za@juno.com (don daso)
Date: Tue Jul 15 21:15:39 2003
Recently, during FD in fact, my OMNI VI+ filters simply "stopped working"
in the CW positions.  The rig is fully loaded (all slots full) & has
always performed perfectly.  I'm not sure when the problem developed, as
I began my 40M FD stint using the 1.8 filter position anyway.  When I
switched to 500 cycles (or tried to), is when I first noticed the
problem.

Today I noticed that the USB position isn't working either, LSB is
normal.  But the USB position sounds like it's 500 cycles, sharp &
ringing, impossible to copy anything, etc.

Suggestions/tips/things to look for--before I box the rig up, etc??

(I've looked & all filters are properly seated, etc.  Looking for ideas
on whether I should unpack all my tools, etc. & continue trouble-shooting
or return to factory.)

vy 73 de Don K4ZA

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!