[TenTec] Another grounding question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Another grounding question
From: ghoffman@spacetech.com (Gary Hoffman)
Date: Tue Aug 12 14:15:57 2003
I'm going to add one more comment to the discussion, and then I'm not going
to post any more on it, due to the sensitive nature of the topic.

I don't think that I can build ANYTHING reasonable that will survive a
direct hit from a stroke of lightning.  The currents involved are simply too
massive.  So I agree with the statement that these fixes, including
unscrewing the coax, are only effective for a nearby hit.

And, since I believe in bonding the various grounds together (and in the NEC
code), I feel it is important to note that ANY reasonable ground bonding
conductor will have a MUCH lower impedance than that of the soil.  This will
certainly keep the delta V much lower than it would otherwise be.

Anyway, that's it.  Gonna go back to enjoying the radio !

73 de Gary, AA2IZ