[TenTec] Grounding question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Grounding question
From: csegar@mindspring.com (Cliff)
Date: Tue Aug 12 18:56:23 2003
At 10:23 PM 8/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Here's a question--at what height do you really have to start getting
>worried about this stuff?  My highest antenna is about 38 feet high (a
>vertical) but I have a couple of trees within 100' that are 45 to 60' tall.

Now mind you I've never actually seen the SOB or even his shadow but
there's this guy that hangs around my place named Murphey that always flips
the toast butter side down and flips transistors smoke side out. The bugger
will even do it when I think I'm watching. Cadwelds, Ground rods,
polyphasers and heavy gage low impedance conductors are very difficult to
over use. SINGLE POINT GROUNDING for *EVERYTHING* to tie onto keeps all the
frogs jumping in unison.

73 de KD4GT
(and, yes, I can show you antennas with holes from direct hits and the
radio system never dropped off the air.)