[TenTec] Omni V.9 Upgrade Chip

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V.9 Upgrade Chip
From: rick.williams@telus.net (Rick Williams)
Date: Tue Aug 19 17:16:36 2003
Tom it's been a while but here goes.

The RX-320 antenna plugs into the Omni V auxiliary antenna jack.  This
antenna is muted during transmit (RX/TRX switch in the TRX position).  The
only other hardware required was a relay to mute the RX-320 speaker during
transmit.  I used a N/C SPST and it switches with one side of the relay coil
at 12 volts and the other side hooked to the Omni V.9  TX OUT line (I
think).  I put in a "Y" connector to allow it to be used with the Hercules
II as well.

Finally, you need the N4PY software to finish the job.  Here you'll have to
contact Carl since I don't think the current software accommodates the Omni
V.9.

Good luck.

73,

Rick