[TenTec] 505 Argo question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 505 Argo question
From: Michael Goins <mgoins@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:33:00 -0500
New to this list and I need some serious help. I've been around a while (27
years) and know the Argo 509 is an older rig, but I've found one in a possible
trade and I need to ask some questions of those who would know.

What is a 505 worth now? Is a manual difficult to locate?
I know it was a good cw rig, but was it also okay on SSB?
What do I need to watch out for with a 505?

Would appreciate any help here. I found one that has a serial number of 75 and
I'm thinking about a trade for a radio I will be using. Been a qrper for
twenty plus years and appreciate any help here. Thanks in advance.

72,
mike
k5wmg (formerly wb5yjx)
100% Solar station: SW20+, SW30+, NE4040, RockMite40
QRP-ARCI 3922 (former managing editor, QRP Quarterly),
SOC 54, Flying Pig 447, QRP-L 2130, Adventure Radio 810,
Alaska QRP 514, QCWA 30857, AMQRP