Re: [TenTec] Some people ya just can't reach

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Some people ya just can't reach
From: "Ron Notarius WN3VAW" <wn3vaw@fyi.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 20:29:27 -0400
Since we're on the subject of less-than-honorable transactions...

Several years ago, I was in the market for a particular vintage receiver
(Hallicrafters SX-110).  I was negotiating via email with an particular
individual, someone I knew and had dealt with before.  He made me an offer,
I accepted it and sent a check.  A few days later, I get an email inquring
why I'd sent the check... he was now claiming that his offer did NOT include
shipping and wanted additional shekels.  He also refused to return my check
(finally did so after about 6 weeks, by which time I'd stopped payment)

In the course of the email discussion, which quickly deteriorated, I resent
to the supposed seller he's emails that (to me) clearly indicated his offer,
the one I'd accepted.  His response?  He couldn't be bothered re-reading the
emails, as I was obviously in the wrong.

Of course, my real crime was telling people about it... said individual runs
a few reflectors over on another server, and I was immediately terminated
from all of them once the matter became public.  Funny thing, I also heard
from about 2 dozen or so amateurs who had also had similar experiences with
him.

Bottom line?  There's always someone out there who's less than honest.
Fortunately, they are well within the minority.  So try not to get burned,
and once you know whom this slugs are, avoid them at all costs.

73, ron wn3vaw

"We're not going to fall for a banana in the tail pipe."