Re: [TenTec] Is this how it is done today?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Is this how it is done today?
From: "Bill Rowlett" <kc4atu@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:50:01 +0000
Raymond,

The answer was and is NEVER... The item was offered for sale, not put up for bidding, there is a difference which seems to be lost on some people.

73, kc4atu

From: W5VPU@aol.com
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Is this how it is done today?
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:39:19 EDT

Hi, Chip:

I've read the thread over the weekend. Maybe some of our answers will prove
useful to you. Hope so.

You simply asked a question: "Is this how it is done today?"

The answer is simple:  "Sometimes. Never always. Just sometimes. Usually
rarely, but it does turn out this way sometimes."

Can you tell ahead of time if the deal is going to turn sour? No.

It is a bit like knowing when you have a job. It isn't when you show up for
work. It isn't during all the labor of doing the work, whether it is an hour or
a week or a month.

You know you have a job when the work is done, and you get your check, and
you take the check to the bank, and you deposit it or cash it, and the check
doesn't bounce. Then and only then do you really know you have a job.

Better experience next time.

73         Raymond                W5VPU