Re: [TenTec] Was Anyone Able To Do Business With KM6XZ?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Was Anyone Able To Do Business With KM6XZ?
From: "Scott Rosenfeld [N7JI]" <ham@w3eax.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 01:50:51 -0400 (EDT)
Let's add, of course, that all of this revolves around the reliability and
timeliness of e-mail in the first place.

In other words, use the phone if you want immediate and accurate results.

I always include my phone number at the bottom of posts.

The telephone has immediate error checking (are you there?  good!) and
high reliability, not to mention practically zero message latence
(received as fast as electron flow will allow).

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Stan Jacox wrote:

> Ed
> I have responded in a timely manner to the only two messages I got from you.
> The morning of 9/1/2003 you did not offer to buy the two units, but you did
> ask me for a deal, but offered no price.
> Within minutes I responded asking whether a discounted price for the two was
> good for you.
> I hear nothing in return.
> I received several offers in the meantime from people who seemed sincere and
> I accepted the first one who agreed to my fair price.
> Finally 6 hours later in the afternoon you wrote to say since I offered a
> price, you assumed we had a consummated deal. In the mean time.
> I write back within minutes reporting that since I did not hear back from
> you and you never mentioned a price or an offer, that you probably had other
> plans.  Did I not tell you that the KWM-2 and 312B-4 were sold within
> minutes of your delayed response?
> That was the last contact with you until you posted this crazy letter.
>
> I have a few questions.
> One, why do you word your questions and statements( highly inaccurate
> statements, remember I have date and time stamps to show the details and
> timing of the emails) as if I am dishonest or a pirate?
> Why did you not offer a counter price if my asking price was not of interest
> to you?
> Why did you not respond to my offer to lower the price if you took both
> right away?
>
> The people I sold the equipment to were all reasonable and sincere people,
> one picked up his new Titan tonight after a too-many-hour-but fascinating
> conversation..
> Your accusatorial tone is unfair and very unreasonable, do you treat all
> others this way?
>
> Stan Jacox
> KM6XZ....and yes I am in the callbook and have been since 1959.

Scott Rosenfeld  ARS N7JI
541-684-9970  Eugene, OR  Land o' much rain
If you find me on the air, I'm probably in my car
ham@w3eax.umd.edu  http://w3eax.umd.edu/~ham