Re: [TenTec] Using Ameco PT-3 with Jupiter

To: "Winston F. Jones" <winjones@ix.netcom.com>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using Ameco PT-3 with Jupiter
From: MIKE SOUHRADA <wb9iog@revealed.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 14:34:31 -0500
Winston F. Jones \
My $ .02
I've been using an earlier tube version of the PT amplifier. Model is
simply PT. Then there was a PT 2 and I've not seen a "3" version.

My PT would likely not improve the Jupiter as the front end should be
quite sensitive. However, I've not experienced the DSP reduction and
can't comment on pros or cons.
With a tube unit aka Drake it's wonderful. Besides my PT design has
many features included master switch, alternate receive antenna,
linear relay, (4) A/C plugs etc with a master switch, besides gain
adjustments by band.
It's been a big help for years. I don't thing later versions have
these features and was intended for receive only.
Mike
Iowa