[TenTec] Ten Tec 1220, 1230, and 1260 Info

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec 1220, 1230, and 1260 Info
From: Bill Miner <wg6h@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:22:29 -0700
Hello Ten Tekkies,

I am a fan of the Ten Tec VHF Transceiver kits.  They are fun to
assemble and have great receiver performance.  The one thing that is not
great about them is the feel of the main tuning knob.

I have discovered a fix for this sloppy feel of the main tuning knob
that only costs $1.65.  Dan's Small Parts and Kits of Missoula, Montana
has some 1/4 inch shaft bearings that do fit in the front panel of the
1220 (etc.) and give the main tuning a smooth quality feel.  This MAY
also make the tuning encoder last longer as well.

You can find Dan's at the following:

http://www.danssmallpartsandkits.net/

I have no finical interest with any of the above etc. etc.

73,
Bill - K6WLM