[TenTec] 252M supply putting out 19 volts!?

To: "tentec" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 252M supply putting out 19 volts!?
From: "Edward Crawford" <w4wvw@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:01:13 -0400
I have found that the 252M supply that I have had sitting on the shelf here for
months and months is putting out slightly over 19 volts. Guess I should have
tested it after I bought it! Glad I didn't hook a radio up to it. More
importantly I'm glad I didn't let someone else hook their radio to it.

I'm assuming it must be the pass transistor that causes this? That is ,
according to previous posts I have read on this reflector. Bear in mind I have
no idea what a pass transistor looks like. I know what a transistor looks like,
but I don't know which one it is. I'm sure if some of you fine folks will lend
me your expertise I will have this thing straightened out in short order.

You see, the thing is that I have had this very nice looking power supply
sitting here that is almost in mint condition, and now I find that it don't
work right. I feel obligated to get it working, so I can find a radio that
matches it, and set it here with all the other stuff that looks like it :>)

Your help with this, I can assure you, will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and 73. Ed/w4wvw