Re: [TenTec] PSK and Argo V help?

To: "TenTec (E-mail)" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PSK and Argo V help?
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:13:51 -0700
Bob according to the Argo V manual it is sound card ready and the AUX1 jack
"nominal line input level for full SSB RF output is 2 volts peak-to-peak
into 600 ohms.  The nominal line output level is 150 mV p-p in 600 ohms, and
is independent of the AF control setting on the front panel."

I am accessing the rig using the Ten-Tec Aux1 to sound card interface cable
rather than the mic jack.  This AUX1 circuit bypasses the 1st mic amplifier
and has approximately 20 dB less gain than the mic input.  So it should be
ready for PSK from a line level source.

73,

Rick
VE7ASR

Web site:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7asr

> Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 21:39:54 -0500
> From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
> To: tentec@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] PSK and Argo V help?
> Message: 8
>
> The sound card is line output level and the Argo V has a mic input level.
> There is typically some 30 to 40 dB difference between the two.  A pad is
> required to maintain signal-to-noise ratio and thus operate both the sound
> card and the Argo V at the correct levels.  Just turning the level down
> won't get it.
>
> 73
> Bob, K4TAX

QSOs