Orion was ( [TenTec] Hercules III / Mark Erbaugh)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Orion was ( [TenTec] Hercules III / Mark Erbaugh)
From: "James Duffer" <dufferjames@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 08:03:23 -0500

From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
I'd also like to see a
color display on the Orion to bite into the IC-756 ProII sales, as that is
the biggest complant I have heard from many people is why did TT use a
monochrome display, when Icom did it for $1000 less cost of the radio. I'd still buy
the Orion before the Pro II as it is a much better performer. However, features
are a very important factor to lots of people out there.

A "feature," I don't know if I would be so generous. I would suspect adding a color display would increase the cost to of the Orion. I am not sure that the fact the Pro II selling at a $1K less with the color display means that the color display did not increase the cost of the Pro II. Maybe, if it had of used a monochrome display it would of been reduced further in price.

A color display does not provide enhancement to many operators, especially those that are blind, or color blind. Possibly an option that would offset the additional costs would be the way to go.

73, Jim, de wd4air