[TenTec] Why did I buy an Orion?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Why did I buy an Orion?
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 01:30:17 +0000
Why did I buy an Orion? For two reasons. The first was because I hoped it would
live up to both it's billing and to the reputation its predecessors set.

Because after trying all the highly touted rigs, from all makers, on the market
I kept going back to the Omni VI+, or one of my option 3's. I don't much care
for many of the the bells and whistles on the other rigs, I do care about
performance.

All three of the Omni's were much quieter than the competition, much more
pleasant to operate, hear better, and did not disturb my ham neighbor with
transmitted phase noise. And the Orion not only shares the Omni's virtues, it
ignores him unless he's almost exactly on my recieve frequency.

Since he's a fairly active ragchewer I was forced to QRT too much to be a very
active contester. So now, with the Orion in the shack and a start at getting a
hole big enough to put a second Orion, if it will stop this every weekend
raining me out, I can get my antennas fixed and go back to contesting.
Hopefully next weekend!

73 to all,  Pete Allen  AC5E