Re: [TenTec] Orion SSB challenge...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion SSB challenge...
From: Curtis Rossow <curtisa@surfbest.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:59:41 -0700
Regarding Art Bell's preferences to Ham rigs let me tell you of my experiences to the 3830 group now the 3840 group.

There have been many moves, many times on a nightly basis due to the "inconsiderate hams" that move next to and splatter on to the working frequency.

I used an Omni VI opt3 when I was part of the group. I am still using my Omni. I rarely heard the interference and when tuned down band there was somebody working 3khz down band and yes they were S9+. Some times it they were real close I had to change from the 2.4khz filter to my 1.8khz filter and the problem always went away. This happened again a couple of nights ago when I was copying the mail on the group. When I listened with my PCR-1000 yes there was interference but not on my Omni. This time the interference was up band.

Stay with Ten-Tec on crowded bands.

Curt NU7R Superior Arizona