[TenTec] Paragon II and Icom Mike SM 6

To: "TenTec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon II and Icom Mike SM 6
From: alfred.heyden@t-online.de (Alfred Heyden)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:08:08 +0200
Hello dear TenTec list members,
I'm Alfred, DL2JR, near Bonn/Germany.
Would like to connect a SM 6 mike from Icom with my Paragon.
But unfortunetly I don't have a schematic of the mike for wiring
the plug to use it with the Paragon. Can anyone of you enlighten
me
what colored leads must be wired with what number of the mike
connector?

There is a little pot at the bottom of the mike marked with Hi
and Lo.
Means this an adjustable impedance or is it to adjust a built-in
pre-amp?

The Paragon manual tells me on page 1-2 that there is 4 volt dc
at pin nr. 4
of the mike connector. But I measured 8.5 volts dc. Any comments?

Thanks a lot to you all for your efforts. With regards, Alfred,
DL2JR