Re: [TenTec] New Jupiter Software version 1.25

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Jupiter Software version 1.25
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:43:52 -0000
I have been running Windows ME for 2 years now with virtually no problems.
But in order for Windows ME to work properly with the COM1 serial port, a
change to the registry is required.  For those of you that have enough
courage and knowhow to use the registry editor "REGEDIT", this is how you
fix it.

1) Open the registry editor called "REGEDIT".
2) Go down the various trees in the registry and find the entry labelled
   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VCOMM
3) Change EnablePowerManagement from 01 00 00 00   to   00 00 00 00.
4) Exit REGEDIT.
5) Reboot the computer.

Great care must be taken that this is the only thing that you change in the
registry.  This has worked flawlessly for me for over 2 years.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC