Re: [TenTec] Latest BPL events...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Latest BPL events...
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:27:56 -0500

Ynkedragon@aol.com wrote:

Power companies in PA have been "polling" meters (reading remotely) for some time using this technology. An occasional half second isn't bad; imagine that noise 24/7/365.

I'm very afraid of that - amateur radio pretty much ceases to be amateur radio above the HF bands, to me...

If an algorithm is ever designed for DSP filters to null BPL noise Ten-Tec appears to be the only manufacturer with equipment that can do it quickly with the volume of software updates coming out of RFsquared...

regards,
Jason W0JSB