Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ / Inrad SSB mod

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ / Inrad SSB mod
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:49:48 -1000

with people not adhering to the 3khz spacing rule on most bands these days

When was this rule written? I had never heard of it. I always thought that QSO spacing is a dynamic thing, changing as the propagation and band crowding require. Channels are for people who don't know how to, or don't care to put in the effort to adapt to changing conditions. With the exception of the 60 meter channels, amateur radio has skilled operators and bands rather than channels. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. DE N6KB