[TenTec] centurion mod made easier !

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] centurion mod made easier !
From: "John" <brazos@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:30:48 -0600
Hi all !  I have a Jup and a centurion abut 3 years old.  I was told over the
phone from the factory that I needed to place a jumper wire across a diode in
order to make my centurion work .  This mod I am talking about is the mod to
make the centurion work with new radios.  I know wich diode and have the manual
but I am a loss on exactly what the tech at the factory ment by soldering a
jumper wire to the diode . I think I know ie. using a very short pice of wire (
insulated ? ) and soldering one end of the wire  to one end of the diode and
solder the other end of the wire to the other end of the diode ?  my
understanding of this  termenology is so simple I loose a lot in the
translation .  can any one tell me how to perform this mod in non electronic
jargon ? what the heck is a jumper wire ?    Thanks  John