Re: [TenTec] Minimum power necessary (long)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Minimum power necessary (long)
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 22:21:55 -1000

Your thoughts?

Hi Al,

I like the ability to complete a QSO in poor conditions, a DX style QSO. I also like ragchew style QSOs and when conditions permit I would like to have really nice natural sounding audio. I like AM too. Someday I would like to have a real nice AM setup, perhaps an RCA BT-1K and a Hammarlund SP-600, or a Johnson Desk Kilowatt and a National NC-300. I would also like to have a phasing independant sideband exciter running stereo, and some other hams with ISB receivers and exciters to QSO with. I think it would be great if we could all have whatever radios we like for all these variations of phone operation, or even a DSP radio that will do them all.

When we can't have it all, and have to make compromises, I would like the choices we make to be considerate of the rest of us operating in crowded and noisy band conditions.

Thanks,

Ken N6KB